About Elder Abuse Investigations
As first responders, law enforcement officers can play a key role in providing an effective response to elder abuse at the local level. These short e-learning modules offer law enforcement officers, investigators, and other first responders an opportunity to access training on elder abuse at any time, from anywhere.
You may be working with local partners under an Abuse in Later Life Grant from the Office on Violence Against Women, or you may simply be seeking information about some aspect of handling elder abuse cases. In either case, the information in these modules will enhance your investigative skills, help you work effectively with older victims, and provide you with tools that can help keep victims safe and hold offenders accountable.
What's included in the training?
- Cognition and Capacity
- Detecting Abuse on Initial Response
- Documenting an Elder Abuse Case
- Dynamics of Elder Abuse
- Elder Abuse in Tribal Communities
- Evidence Collection in Financial Exploitation Cases
- Financial Exploitation Cases and Theories of Theft
- Intimate Partner Violence in Later Life
- Medical Evidence in Elder Abuse Cases
- Neglect Investigations
- Sexual Abuse in Later Life (not facilities)
- Sexual Abuse in Later Life – Facility Settings
- Stalking in Later Life
- Substitute Decision-Makers
- Suspects with Dementia
- The Benefits of Working with Adult Protective Services
- Unattended Death Investigations
- Working with Forensic Accountants
- Working with Older Victims
- Working with Other Professionals
- Working with Prosecutors
How much is the training?
The training is provided at no cost.